Divorce Interview Form Successfully Submitted

Congratulations!  You have successfully submitted your Divorce Interview Form to The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If you’d like to submit feedback about your experience, fill out our quick survey here: SURVEY by SurveyMonkey


If you provided a valid e-mail address, we will prepare a simple 3 page Divorce Complaint for you to review, sign in front of a notary and return back to us by mail.  If you can not print or view the attachment – don’t worry, if you also provided a correct mailing address, you will receive a pre-printed copy in the mail in about 3 – 5 business days.

If you do not receive an e-mail from us within 24 hours then you most likely made a minor error entering your e-mail address, you may want to verify that your e-mail address is correct or you may want to check your spam / junk folder

Once we receive your signed Divorce Complaint and payment, we will file the Complaint with the Court and then serve the Complaint on your spouse by certified mail (however there are other methods of service if necessary).  When your spouse receives the Complaint, they will have 30 days to answer or otherwise properly respond to the Complaint.   After the 30 days expires, if there has been no answer or proper response, we will file a motion with the Court and place the matter on the Court calendar for the Divorce Judgement to be signed by a judge.  We will then mail certified copies of the Divorce judgement to you and your former spouse and your divorce will be complete.  The process normally takes around 45 to 60 days.  If you need your divorce to be completed sooner AND your spouse is willing to cooperate with you, the divorce may be completed within 30 to 45 days or quicker.  This Expedited Service is entirely optional and there is an additional $100 fee for the expedited service.

If you need immediate help or if you have questions or concerns, feel free to call our main office at: (910) 333-9679 or by e-mail at: mycase@houserlaw.com


You do not owe our firm any money for this unless you decide to retain us to finish your divorce.

Before you retain our firm, please discuss this matter with your spouse to ensure that you both agree on getting a divorce and that it will be uncontested.  If you both agree the divorce will be uncontested, North Carolina law allows your divorce to be filed in any county in North Carolina and you will NOT be required to attend Court or travel to our office.

If you have a Separation Agreement that you would like incorporated into your Divorce Judgment – we will need a copy.  Be aware that incorporation of your Separation Agreement into your Divorce Judgment will make it enforceable as a Court Order.  This may or may not be in your best interest, so before we file the Complaint with the Court, we will need to spend a few minutes on the phone with you to ensure that this will be best for you.